Monday, October 22, 2012

Insane ideas

Last week when I was working out with Aracely she mentioned she wanted to lead a trip to Nicaragua (her country of origin) to run a race there and check out the country side-she would act as guide.

I asked Aracely if she thought I could possibly be ready to run by the time the trip happened. She said I would be ready for something--1/2 marathon, 10k, 5k and 2 mile options would be available.

I said it sounded interesting and I would give it some thought.

By the next morning I was already researching flights to Managua and reading about all the Nicaragua has to offer. It turns out it's also a prime surf country.

Running and surfing in Nicaragua? A year after my crash and burn? I'm obsessed. There is a lot to love about Nicaragua--cloud forests, active volcanoes, one of the largest Jaguar populations in the world along with 3 toed sloths, toucans and other beauty. Also a visit would afford me the opportunity to see how the country has progressed after all the turmoil and mischief of the 80s. This is no ordinary vacation opportunity—it’s loaded with the amazing!

I'm crazy. This is either getting far far ahead of myself or the chance to tie up several dangling threads at once. Not moderate thinking. Not even very smart. But compelling. It’s actually freaking me out.

If I were to do this, what would be the road to take to be maximally prepared? What could I do to make sure I pass through this gracefully?



No comments:

Post a Comment