Sunday, December 24, 2017

Sasha eats her mochi too loudly!


Dreams are 100% from inside the dreamer and represent all aspects of the dreamer.

Also, dreams told in detail are usually only interesting to the dreamer.

I'm going to bore you with two of mine anyway--because I can.

Dream the first.

Amy Farrah Fowler (Big Ban Theory) gave me a box of mochi as a present. I immediately gobbled them up!

As I licked my fingers I saw her looking in my direction saying that I ate mochi way too loudly. I don't think she expected me to hear her because there was a moment of silence and awkwardness.

Then AFF started telling me about all her many flaws while hiking up her skirt to show me a lot of shapely calf (I know that's a dream as it's something she wouldn't do in real life or on the show).

Dream the second.

Miss K and I have moved into a commune. It's not really supposed to be a commune but we have taken up residence there and there are lots of people also living there and seem only semi-interested in moving on.

She and I crawl into bed. While Miss K is peacefully sawing logs, I am offered a plate of hot wings that I tuck into enthusiastically. Off to the side is a very prim woman in glasses (not AFF but the vibe is there...she kind of reminds me from someone from work actually) who is aghast that I haven't taken a napkin (there were no napkins ok???). She says this just as I put my drippy hands down on the white coverlet. She then crawls under the covers next to Miss K(WTF?) and tries to tell me that it's fine but I can tell she's freaked out. I look around for a sponge to daub the linens but there are none to be found.

These are pretty much the same damn dream--getting messier and weirder as we go along. Who knows what will show up tonight--drinking pumpkin soup directly from a tureen while in the middle of a bridal shop? Spaghetti and meatballs with my bare hands in the Louvre?

I have an inner AFF who is disturbed at how messy I can be when I'm fully in the enjoyment of the moment, being myself. This inner AFF knows it's weird and contrary but there it is (also, there are not enough bulky sweater outfits to cover up those legs either girl).

In the meantime, the one thing I didn't feel was bad about chowing down on treats. In some area of my life I am raining on my own parade while giving a cover story about it being great about being who I am.

Incoherence all around!

I am a messy person in many ways. This is nothing new. Almost every self improvement kick I've gone on is tied to some sneaky "draw inside the lines" agenda that will make me look like I have my act together in one way or another.

Honestly, my act is really together...and it's a very messy act.

When I was a child I often pressed down with crayons to get deep colors. Can you imagine how shocked I was to see that some of my little friends drew neat borders around the figures they colored and then colored right up to the edge?

It was ridiculously easy to copy that but once I learned the trick it bored me. It was never as good as pressing the crayons down to get that deep, deep purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment